The condition of a home is of the utmost importance when you are looking for Top Dollar. Remember..."You don't get a second chance to make a first impression"!
The following are some helpful points to remember;
- De clutter as much as possible. Potential buyers need to be able to navigate easily through your home. Do not assume that they will understand that lack of space is maybe why you are moving, all it does is show them that there is not enough space in the home.
- Take down personal photos and knick-knacks etc.; keeping your space neutral makes it easier for others to visualize themselves in your home. The same is true for any wallpaper or bold paint colours. Neutral is always best, in all likelihood whoever buys your home will paint anyway but if the colour isn’t neutral to begin with it can be a distraction.
- Keep your home show ready. Often times a request to see your home will come and the buyers want to go right away. Every effort is made to arrange showings at your convenience; however, turning a buyer away for any length of time because your house is not ready to show could cost you the sale.
- Keep your home a smoke free environment, smell, believe it or not is an extremely important factor, if you smoke in your home it translates negatively to most buyers.
- Take pictures of each room in your home, this is a great way to kind of stand back and analyze what your home really looks like. It could also be very clear to you that moving a piece of furniture to an alternate location makes your house look better or even bigger.
- Professional Home Stagers…if you think you need some assistance with this process, I have the right professionals for you!
- Take the feedback in stride, most time the feedback you get for your home is going to sound negative. It is easy to become frustrated and take offence; however it is important to remember that we need to know what others think of the home. Some things we may be able to change, turning the negative into a positive and possibly making your home more marketable.
- Communicate with me. If you feel something should change, please speak to me about it. Although we are professionals, we are also human beings and can make mistakes or maybe you have a suggestion we’ve not thought of before and could put to good use.
To sum up, this is probably your biggest investment. It will also be the biggest investment to whoever buys it. They are being critical of everything they look at and trying to make the best decision for them. To sell your home in today’s market you need to be competitive. Price it right the first time, and if you address each point they are analyzing, you are ahead of the game and will be well positioned to get top dollar!
I know this is a lot of information but from my experience it is better to be prepared and know what to expect then to guess what is happening. I look forward to embarking on this journey with you, and adding you to my valued satisfied client portfolio.
George Lou Karmiris "The Name That Sells"